SOCIAL MEDIA

8.11.2017

Travel Diary: 15 Days Until NYC!

Before I know it, this will be part of my everyday view.

All summer long, I've felt like this point of summer would never come! Now that it's here, however, I am feeling way more feelings than just "excited". I'm getting a little stressed - I haven't really packed, I'm still trying to figure out how to change my meal plan, my friends are slowly leaving, and on top of it, I'm in a musical for which I've been at for 9-12 hours a day for the past two weeks!

As all of this is happening at once, I am finding I'm giving myself reminders to take deep breaths and enjoy every minute of this hectic time.


This is a part of life I probably won't be able to experience again for a long time; something new beginning and my entire life changing. As hard as it is to savor it, I'm trying my best!

In the next two weeks, I have so many fun things planned. Opening and closing a show, getting my first tattoo with my best friend, more blogging, and having get-togethers with friends and family are just a few of them.

While I am still a little reluctant to leave home, I know that NYU is going to be amazing. I've talked to both of my roommates, who both seem stellar, and I can not wait to start studying what I love to do. Being in New York City, too, is going to be full of adventures and good food (honestly, I'm probably more excited about all the food than I should be).

Even though I may be stressing about finishing my summer reading and making sure I'm going to the right orientation, I know everything is going to work out fine. And, if things don't go great, it'll be okay. School stress is not the end of the world, and it's not anything new for me, either. If I made it through high school and was (in my opinion) pretty successful, there is no reason I can't take on college as well!

So, as I sit here typing, listening to Frank Sinatra on Spotify, and sip on sweet tea, I'm not worrying about what I still have to do or how hard it will be to say goodbye. Instead, I'm thinking of all the great times I'm going to have in the next 15 days and beyond.

Lots of love,



Post a Comment

My New Year's Resolutions

For the past month,  I've kind of been pretending that it's not 2019 already...it feels like it was only yesterday that I was g...