SOCIAL MEDIA

8.11.2017

A Letter to My Home State


Dear Washington State, 

You are my home, and you will always be my home. 


Growing up in WA has shaped me into what I am today. Without the mountains, without the lake in my hometown, without the constant rain, who would I be? Less addicted to coffee and a little drier, maybe, but my appreciation for nature and life just wouldn't be the same if I had grown up surrounded by concrete.


There are so many things I am going to miss about you when I move in just a few weeks. The fresh air and tall forests are just two of the things I'm trying to soak up! I've loved all of the road trips through the trees, walking through Pike Place in Seattle, camping at the most gorgeous campgrounds, swimming in one of your (many) lakes to cool off on a hot summer day, the way the snow falls onto the evergreens, your beautiful sunsets...there is nothing this state has shown me that I haven't loved. 


I know there is no place that could compare to you. Your landscape is a reminder of how astounding the power of nature is, and how we as people interact with it. Because of you, I've grown a wonderful sense of adventure that I can't wait to take with me to the city.  


Thank you for everything you have taught me in the last 18 years. 


See you soon, 




Post a Comment

My New Year's Resolutions

For the past month,  I've kind of been pretending that it's not 2019 already...it feels like it was only yesterday that I was g...