SOCIAL MEDIA

8.02.2017

A Letter to My Boyfriend of 3 Years



Dear Duckie,

First of all, I love you. And I’m so lucky to love you. I’m so lucky to have been able to love you for three and a half years this Thursday (by the way, that’s crazy!).

Our three years together have been an amazing and crazy ride. There have been ups and downs, and we have come to realize that we have many differences. But our relationship is much bigger than any difference between us.
 One of the best parts of dating is you is being able to see you grow into an adult - well, age-wise, at least. ;) In the time I’ve known you, you’ve really turned from the cute, popular new kid in the school to a very well-rounded, talented, handsome, smart young man. Getting a firsthand look at that process is something very special to me.

I have so much to thank you for. The biggest one is thank you for sticking by me all this time. I’ve had many difficulties and personal problems during our relationship and you have been all I can ask for: patient and loving. You know what to say to make me feel better, and you always offer up words of encouragement when I’m lacking all confidence.

Thank you also for being my best friend. As stereotypical as it sounds, you really are my best friend. There’s no one I’d rather choose to talk to, to watch movies and eat pizza with, to just sit and doing nothing with for hours, heck, even to just go to the grocery store with. Your presence just makes my life better.

Thank you for helping to shape me into the person I am today. You have been instrumental in helping me come into my own, stand up for myself and what I believe in, and become a much better person than I was freshman year.

As of right now, we don’t know what is going to happen to us individually after high school. The future is uncertain, but the one thing I know I can rely on is that you’ll be by my side every step of the way, and vice-versa. College is rough and tricky, and we both know that the chance we’ll attend the same school is slim. Still, I’m not afraid of long distance and neither are you. We both know that the difficulty of an LDR is absolutely worth not losing you.

You know that I could write a book about you and all the fantastic memories we’ve had since you asked me out with a dozen blueberry muffins in freshman year. However, I’ll try to keep it short.

So, thank you. Thank you for Glee marathons, cups of tea, tons of car duets, keeping me calm when my gas light comes on, staying up late, encouraging me to get Spotify Premium, buying me dinner, being the one to ask a stranger for a jumper cable, turning up the AC in the car even when I’m cold, ordering a complicated Starbucks drink, lending me your sweatshirts, not kissing me so as to not mess up my lipstick, kissing me when I need it most, making me food, getting me hooked onto TV shows, introducing me to new musicals, being my number one fan, singing to me, and for loving me.

Thank you for every little thing you do, because it’s what makes you you. And I love you.

All my heart,

Andie 

Post a Comment

My New Year's Resolutions

For the past month,  I've kind of been pretending that it's not 2019 already...it feels like it was only yesterday that I was g...