SOCIAL MEDIA

8.24.2017

Travel Diary: 2 Days Until NYC!


Pinch me, I'm dreaming! There are only two full days left for me in Washington State before I head off to the Big Apple for school and, wow, is this time crazy.


I am still feeling lots of conflicting emotions - I don't want to leave my friends and family, but I am so excited to be in my dream city and at my dream school. That being said, I'm stressed beyond belief. I usually like to have control over what's happening in my life, and that involves planning everything out on paper. However, with two different orientation schedules to look out for (one for NYU, and one specifically for Tisch), this is becoming very difficult.


I'm having a hard time accepting that I might just have to not plan which fun activities I go to during NYU's Welcome Week, and go to whatever I want in the moment, but the uncertainty is freaking me out a little.

Something that makes me feel a little less stessed? I finally finished packing all of my main things (think: clothes and decor) and, six hours and three suitcases later, I'm nearly all set to leave.

The rest of my days in WA are easy but also not. Summer reading, blogging, and relaxing are all on my to-do's but so is saying goodbye to friends. Lots of people are stopping by in the next two days, and I know it's going to be hard to say bye to everyone.

Of course, I remind myself every day that what lies ahead is going to be absolutely amazing. Being far from my friends and family will probably be the most difficult thing I've had to do yet, but I am beyond ready to start my new life in New York City.

In my last update, I mentioned that I was trying to savor every moment of this weird time in my life. While this period of time isn't comparable to anything else I've gone through, I am so thankful that I'm lucky enough to be experiencing this - not only am I grateful that I get to go to my top choice school, but I am so blessed to have my life filled with people that are so hard to say goodbye to. This time in my life has made me realize how much love is in my life, and that is something I will cherish forever.

I'm soaking up the love these last few days for sure. It'll give me the courage to enter college with my head up and ready to handle whatever the world throws at me.

Lots of love,



Post a Comment

My New Year's Resolutions

For the past month,  I've kind of been pretending that it's not 2019 already...it feels like it was only yesterday that I was g...